Knew this day was coming. Didn’t make it sting any less.
Here they are plainly stated:
- Do not condemn people on the basis of their ethnicity or color.
- Do not ever use people as private property.
- Despise those who use violence or the threat of it in sexual relations.
- Hide your face and weep if you dare to harm a child.
- Do not condemn people for their inborn nature.
- Be aware that you too are an animal and dependent on the web of nature, and think and act accordingly.
- Do not imagine that you can escape judgment if you rob people with a false prospectus rather than with a knife.
- Turn off that fucking cell phone.
- Denounce all jihadists and crusaders for what they are: psychopathic criminals with ugly delusions.
- Be willing to renounce any god or any religion if any holy commandments should contradict any of the above.
Here you can find his exposition:
- 1 decent sized pumpkin with lid removed and inside cleaned
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 12? cloves garlic chopped
- handful of dried bing cherries chopped
- 1/4 cup? pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup? white wine
- remove to mixing bowl (leaving liquid behind)
- sauté after reducing retained liquid
- 10 maybe mushrooms (let them fully wilt)
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- remove to mixing bowl
- 1 cup black rice with 3.5 cups chicken stock 5 minutes boil and simmer to finish, then add to mixing bowl
- finally add the rest to the mixing bowl
- 1/4 cup? Asiago
- coriander, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg
- 2 apples chopped
- lemon juice
- mix everything and stuff the pumpkin
450f for 30 minutes and then 350f for another 90 minutes
I ended up with too much liquid after cooking and would reduce the amount of liquid used (or reduce the rice liquid more) for the next cook.
- sauté in olive oil
- add salt, cayenne, and butter
- 300f oven 45 minutes
These turned out amazing for being so simple.
Gutting the pumpkin (and then salvaging the seeds) was a bit of a pain in the ass. I used an ice cream scoop for gutting the pumpkin which did a fair job for most of it. I may try using a serrated knife for removing the lid next time, though I suspect my dreams of sawing around are folly.
The flavor combination of the stuffing was amazing and I wouldn’t hope to alter it one bit. Just maybe reducing the final liquidity some.
RSVP is REQUIRED. This show has limited seating. We have 24 seats available for the show. Tag Jimmy with the number of seats you wish.
Doors at three; music beginning at four.
As usual it’s your basic indoor potluck rock and roll show. All donations go to the musicians. Probably they will have stuff you can buy as well. I’ll post some links here and there below.
I will be making something but what depends on the weather. Please do make comments here about what you are bringing so not everyone brings spaghetti. I mean, many of you COULD bring spaghetti. But someone should probably bring something to go with it. What’s your preferred potluck portable comestible?
Questions? Ask them below or message one of the moderators!
Potluck: Can you make that thing you always love to make? That would be great for sharing! There is a grill available. If you have any special needs, send Jimmy a message or ask here.
Bevs: If you can sip it, it’s good. Share if you’d like. I always make iced-tea.
Friends: Cool friends are great. I just need an exact seat-count; talk to Jimmy Cook.
Pets: Not for the indoor shows, please.
Love: Bring it! Bring it all!
Shirts and shoes required? This isn’t a restaurant; they’re not even recommended!
Folks have been asking about donations. Twenty dollars seems to be about the going rate. Keep in mind donations are voluntary, but also keep in mind all of the donations go the the musician. Peavine Alley takes nothing. Peavine Alley only gives.
Please let me if you post any videos of this show to YouTube so I can add them to my Peavine Alley list.
Thanks to everyone who came out for this tremendous show. Glad the food portion was such a hit. Thanks to Mtw Szlachetka for putting on such an excellent performance. Pleasure to have you! Good times!